ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

"We're Alive" - Online Radio Show Drama

<< < (5/7) > >>

40hz:
What's great is not having to wait a week or more for the next part... being caught up and having to listen to it as they release it sucks! They like to leave you hanging.
-allen (July 16, 2011, 10:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Alexandre Dumas did that when his famous Three Musketeers was first published. So did Charles Dickens with many of his stories, which were also originally published as serials.

Leaving your audience hanging is a great technique. Goes all the way back to a young lady by the name of Scheherazade who successfully used it 'dodge a bullet' 1001 times in a row.  ;D

Jimdoria:
This has become a welcome addition to my commute!

J-Mac:
Hey 40 - I purchased Pontypool from Amazon... received and watched it yesterday. Pretty cool flick! Very weird to have a full-length zombie-type film with no gore! And hardly any blood! Interesting concept though. Leave it to Canadians to insist that to avoid the infection people speak French and  NO English is to be spoken at all!

Jim

40hz:
Leave it to Canadians to insist that to avoid the infection people speak French and  NO English is to be spoken at all!
-J-Mac (July 19, 2011, 09:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

@J-Mac: ***gobsmack*** Would you believe me if I told you that little detail did not register with me until your mention of it right now?  :-[

Anyway, glad you liked the flick. I thought it was very well done.

Note: if you want to read a good non-Zombie treatment of the "language is a virus" concept, check out Neal Stephenson's book Snowcrash. Hysterically funny book which makes you think. A big fav of mine. :-*

J-Mac:
@40hz:  Cool - I'll check it out. Now that I buy most all of my books and DVDs used at Amazon it has become much more affordable for me!  :D  (Other than brand new stuff... those I have to go out and get them the old-fashioned way. Steal 'em!  :o  )

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version