ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Search a folder of text files for an expression, copy the line of text

<< < (3/3)

Target:
connect_the_nots.ahk (0.65 KB - downloaded 1 times.)-Target
--- End quote ---

Good name, quite a few good points and never a cross word.-cranioscopical (June 16, 2011, 12:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

better than a kick in the colon :Thmbsup:

ohfine:
MilesAhead,

I installed Grep and took a look at it. It is a bit confusing to me, but I am going to keep it and try to learn more about using it.

AndyM,

I followed your example for the command line, output to a different folder, and it worked. I didn't mess it up. It even separated the output by dates!

I don't think I need to put it into a spreadsheet unless I want to try to colorize it. If I do, it would be easy enough for me to do it manually.

Target,

I love the name you came up with! I ran the .exe and the .ini file worked, but I can't find the output .csv file. What did I do wrong?

Be proud people! This is one of the few places where one does not have to be afraid of asking questions or asking for help.

To all of you, Thank You for your time and patience.

Target:
I love the name you came up with! I ran the .exe and the .ini file worked, but I can't find the output .csv file. What did I do wrong?
-ohfine (June 16, 2011, 08:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

sorry, my bad, I should have mentioned that in my original post - output is to the log file directory.  File naming format is LogOuts_YYYY-MM.CSV

note also that if you run it more than once a month it will just append to any pre-existing output file for that month (unless you've renamed said file...)

kyrathaba:
Looks like this thread could be marked "Finished".  Nice work, Target  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version