ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: Kyrathaba's Hangman

<< < (25/28) > >>

thancock20:
One of the advantages of playing a lot, as you have, is that you become familiar with puzzles seen previously, allowing you to solve faster.  You'll remember the one that stumped you, the next time you come across it :D
-kyrathaba (August 03, 2011, 07:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

And just when I was beginning to think that I had every puzzle memorized I get done in by a mayor:

And on that note, I think I'm going to not play for a while. It took me somewhere around an hour and a half to get that score, and I don't think I'm going to have that kind of time again for a while.

kyrathaba:
Somehow, I don't think you have anything to worry about, unless hamradio or some new contender suddenly upsets your lead :)

kyrathaba:
I've released version 1.0.4.5, which adds the following two features:

[*] At program startup, the program checks online for a newer version.  If it finds a newer available version, it offers the user the option (via Yes/No messagebox) to launch a download of the newer version in their default browser.  This differs from previous releases, in which the newer version was downloaded directly by the Hangman program itself.  By launching in the browser, I'm able to specify a special sort of link that my PHP ccount script can leverage to keep a more accurate count of the total number of downloads the program has received. 

[*] At program startup, if this is the nth time the program has executed on the user's machine (currently n = 12), the program will execute a one-time-only prompt for a donation -- which the user can easily opt to ignore.  The is the only time the program will ever prompt regarding a donation.  If the user responds negatively, s/he is still free at some future point to manually initiate a donation by using the Donate button in the About dialog.

[/list]

kyrathaba:
And whadyaknow?  I found a bug and have released the fix as version 1.0.4.6.  You can view the text help file using the Help menu if you want to see the release notes.  In case you don't want to have to look it up, though, here's a screenshot:

kyrathaba:
Reminder: anyone wishing to win the August highscore award, you've got some work to do... 4 days remaining before DonationCredits are awarded.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version