ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: Kyrathaba's Hangman

(1/28) > >>

kyrathaba:
NANY 2012 Entry Information
Important News-Flash!My program, Kyrathaba's Hangman, allows you to register a user-name.  If you do, the High Score on your particular installation of the application will always be sent to the online database.

For the Highest Scoring DC member, as found here, I will donate up to 25 hours of programming for FREE on a small to mid-size project of your choice!!  I reserve the right to determine what is within my skills, however.  The top-three high-scoring DC members will receive an additional prize from the site.

I reserve the right to throw out a score that has obviously been obtained through some hack: being intimately conversant with the program's level of difficulty, I have a keen idea what's humanly possible.

On the last day of each month between now and the culmination of the NANY 2012 event, I will donate $5 DonationCredits to the highest scorer showing on the scoreboard, provided that the scorer is a DC member.  Visitors who may be reading this: join now!  The first disbursement will be on July 31st, the final one December 31st.  That's an opportunity for someone to win up to $30, not to mention bragging rights!
Application Name Kyrathaba's Hangman Version 1.0.4.5 (released 8/21/11) Short Description competitive Hangman with prizes for highest scorers (see blog entry)Supported OSes Windows XP forward Setup File A link to the Setup program {will check for absence of .NET Framework 4.0 and download if needed} (1.41 Mb)PAD file URLhttp://kyrathaba.dcmembers.com/my_programs/KyrHangmanSetups/hangman_PAD.xmlSystem Requirements
* .NET Framework 4.0 installedAuthor Infocoded by kyrathaba | Profile page | Kyrathaba DC page | author of Kyrathaba's Source Code Line Counter. My past NANY entries include: Crocus Contacts, Blackjack, and NANY Excuse Manager.DescriptionThis was a project I did for the Boss Assignment of C# Programming School, Phase I.  I liked it so much that I continued to develop it, eventually bringing in cranioscopical for some expert testing.  I owe him a debt for the many bugs he made me aware of; and to mouser I say "thank you" for encouraging me not to give up in learning enough PHP to build the online scripts and database to implement my desired features-set.

Destined to replace time wasted by people watching "Wheel Of Fortune"! -- PC Magazine.

What!  This program is FREE!??  A crime, that's what it is!  Someone slap the developer around until he starts showing some sense and charging for this gem of genius! -- Gamasutra
Features+ choose between an Individual Word or a Phrase, and try to solve before you are hanged!
+ optional audio cues
+ option to register a user-name with online database, so that you can submit your High Score and compete against all other players!
+ option to use mouse or keyboard for input
+ Highest Scorer, as recorded on the online database will receive free coding of a small-to-medium sized project of his/her choice!
+ ToolTips and context-sensitive help for each control in the application's interface

I would appreciate suggestions for future features of the program.

Please consider donating.
Screenshotsscreenshot collage
Online Helphttp://kyrathaba.dcmembers.com/my_programs/KyrHangmanSetups/HangmanHelp.pdf
InstallationSimply use the installer created by Inno SetupUsing the applicationThe GUI is fairly intuitive.  However, there is a textual help file under the "Help" menu, and a more in-depth PDF help file (with screenshots) available via the F1 key.
UninstallingUse the uninstall Program Files menu-item.
Known IssuesWhat?  You mean like bugs?  None (but please make me aware of any that you may find...)

mouser:
50 hours is too much.. you'll lose your mind.  i suggest 5.

kyrathaba:
Nah, it's gonna be a labor of love.  I could never produce anything I'm proud enough of to actually release in just 5 hours...

And its up to 50 25 hours.  If I can do it in 5, great  :)

In considering your advice, mouser, I've lowered the hours-of-coding on offer.

mouser:
Perhaps we should call early releases differently than the final releases.. like "NANY 2012 Pledge and Early Beta"?
Because "official" NANY releases shouldn't happen until the end of the year.

hamradio:
Start program and double click your animated hangman I recieved...

Click to see exception text.************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): No application is associated with the specified file for this operation
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at KyrHangman.Form1.clsHangmanAnimation1_DoubleClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnDoubleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version