ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Filenotes for Downloading Amnesiacs

<< < (4/5) > >>

Darwin:
Hi Skywalka,

I downloaded and installed ImageShack into a sandbox with no problems. There are two issues (I think). First, in order to install apps that use msi, you must first open up the sandboxie control panel and go to file->Run windows installer service. Second, in order to try out the installation of ImageShack, I had to open up my file manager (in my case DOpus but usually it would be Windows Explorer) sandboxed as well - I just right clicked on the icon for it and selected "run sandboxed". Running my file manager sandboxed, the context menu option to 'upload to ImageShack' is there, running the file manager "regularly", it is not. I have a sandboxed instance and a "regular" instance running in my taskbar right now and I can confirm this by switching between the two of them.

I don't actually use this feature that much, but whenever I do, all is well. The only time I ever had a problem with it was the very first time I used it. This was when I was still using Ashampoo's Uninstaller and I foolishly let the uninstaller service take snapshots both before and after the installation. That was a bit ugly...

skywalka:
Thanx Darwin.

Those tips are very helpful.  I often install software & don't like it straight away.  SandBoxIE will be very reassuring if I know that nothing has been altered or left behind.

skywalka:
Well, I thought I'd try using SandBoxIE for my next experimental installation.  I had no luck this time either.
---------------------------
OpenServiceA Error
Failed to open service [FLSPAR]
GetLastError() returned 1060.
OK   

Darwin:
I've been trying out this feature (installing software sandboxed) and haven't had any trouble with it. I don't know what to suggest - if you're still interested in sandboxie, perhaps the user forum will be helpful? The author is pretty active there, though you may find that you wait for a week or so before he answers a post...

urlwolf:
@skywalka: or try altiris software virtualization. Same idea, maybe it works better for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version