ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is Mozilla trying to do?

<< < (8/11) > >>

nosh:
I guess it's the addons. I had 55 installed -  have cut down on a handful of non-essential ones and have gone back to FF 5.1. I'm on 32 bit XP, Core2 Duo 3.16 GHz with 3.x GB RAM and a 1GB GFX card.

It runs OK if I have a few tabs open but I stress tested it with ~100 tabs  :-[ and it all but died. Come to think of it, maybe I was a bit harsh. FF 3.6 _does_ handle the load better, though.

nudone:
I've had to go back to ff 3.5 too. Ff5 is terrible; locks up using gmail and two browser windows open, can't position buttons on the taskbars without large empty areas wasted, can hardly see some of the buttons anyway, seen it do weird browser inside a browser window things.

I always liked ff because you could arrange the buttons and toolbars to maximise the space available. Now ff is just another clone of opera (or whichever browser started that top left menu rubbish). If firebug worked okay on other browsers I think I'd just drop ff completely - I really am so very disappointed with it.

Stephen47:
FF6 is coming mid August

mahesh2k:
I just want them to get rid of plugin_container.exe leak. :/

nosh:
I tried the latest Nightly, Aurora and v6 Beta yesterday. Couldn't run the nightly well, too much weirdness caused due to the changes in the UI. Aurora did feel snappier, I'd just come off reading a review that it was targeted towards performance, so hopefully that wasn't the placebo effect. v6 Beta felt kinda the same as 5, couldn't tell much of a difference. Roboform doesn't work on any of these, even after manually bumping up the version in the .xpi. I'm back to v5 and really looking forward to Aurora getting out of the pipeline.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version