ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

Gentlemen (and Ladies), Start Your Engines!!

(1/8) > >>

kyrathaba:
N.A.N.Y., which stands for New Apps for the New Year, is an annual event here on DonationCode.com where we challenge coders of all experience levels to release a brand new FREEWARE / DONATIONWARE application to celebrate the coming of the new year.

That's right!  It's not too soon to begin revving your engines in preparation for the N.A.N.Y. 2012 Event!  In recognition of this, let me first pay due homage to Perry Mowbray, who has done a fantastic job bringing everything together cohesively (and immensely enjoyably) in past N.A.N.Y. events.  My hat's off to you, Perry.

Perry will be assuming a less demanding role in this year's contest, due to other obligations, and I have stepped up to help out, so let me welcome all who plan to enter the event, and encourage you to be working hard on those apps (if you aren't already).  Perry, Mouser and I will be working together, but I will assume lead responsibility for coordinating the event (yes, I'm aware that I'm a bit crazy).

Please begin thinking about the role you'd like to play in this year's event, and be thinking about your contributions to upcoming threads in this section, where we'll be discussing Ideas for Entries, allowing Early App Submissions, in order to take advantage of a longer period of feedback/testing, and much, much more.

I am very STOKED about this year's event.  In the next few days, expect to see a thread or two begin to appear, as mentioned above.  Also, be expecting ...

...a little something special from Yours Truly: an early app submission around which I hope some competitiveness and one or more prize winners may arise...

mouser:
Yay!

I know I speak for all of DC when I say that we are all thrilled you've stepped in the breach and agreed to oversee NANY this year.

Deozaan:
Thanks for volunteering, kyrathaba.

As usual, I'm looking forward to NANY this year. (c:

kyrathaba:
Volunteer?  Who said anything about this being voluntary?  Somehow, mouser has taken control of my laptop remotely and is holding it hostage until I comply (dang it's hard doing all this from that old Win98 machine...)

No, seriously, I'm very pleased to help, and mouser has been gracious enough to give me the opportunity.  I appreciate your comment, Deozaan, and look forward to the next six months worth of excitement and anticipation  :D

cranioscopical:
I will be working together, but I will assume lead responsibility for coordinating the event
-kyrathaba (June 22, 2011, 09:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Madness! Sheer madness!

Delightful to see you assuming the heavy lifting, thanks and good luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version