ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Bvckup 2

<< < (2/13) > >>

rsatrioadi:
I must agree with merle. While the website design is visually very pleasant, it is not very intuitive to navigate. While at the top of page I recognize that I can click the "INFO" lid at the bottom, the next part of the page shown does not indicate that there are more information if I scroll down. I would expect another lid or button to show more information.

While this is not a big problem for the website, if it's indeed showcasing the design of the upcoming bvckup2, you might have to review the UI design and make sure the design is consistent throughout the program, for usability sake.

Anyway, I really like your idea of single purpose program and wish the best for bvckup2. :Thmbsup:

apankrat:
Thanks for the comments and kind words, guys. Much appreciated.

Merle, did you get confused by needing to click on the Info on the first screen or by needing to scroll further after clicking on Info? I will go through logs to see how many people did not click on the Info, it should be an interesting metric.

rsatrioadi, the problem is that the first screen is stretch to the browser's height, while no other part of the site is. What you see at the bottom of the second screenful might be just 2/3rds down for other people or vice verse. I guess I can add some sort of floating semi-transparent footer that says "scroll for more", but that's be ugly. I hear you though regarding this sort of thing being a larger problem in the program's UI. Point well taken, thanks.

Jibz:
I would probably make the bvckup logo on the first screen perform the scroll as well. Clicking that was the first thing I tried before finding the tiny info button at the bottom. It appears to be doing that now, didn't seem to work on my first visit :-[.

And I agree, while getting from the first to the second screen may be logical, you have to notice the scroll bar isn't at the bottom to know there is more pages below the second.

Still like the nice clean feel to it.

MerleOne:
Thanks for the comments and kind words, guys. Much appreciated.

Merle, did you get confused by needing to click on the Info on the first screen or by needing to scroll further after clicking on Info? I will go through logs to see how many people did not click on the Info, it should be an interesting metric.

-apankrat (June 23, 2011, 10:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think I clicked on Info, thus revealing the 2nd page, but didn't think I had to scroll down to see the rest. So it's the mix of click and scroll that confused me, I guess.

Anyway, I find it more important to have an outstanding bvckup2 than an outstanding website (see vopt.com, cf. the 'various sources' comment, for instance, which shows the sense of humour of the developer....)

Deozaan:
I encountered a similar situation. I did notice the Info bar at the bottom. I clicked it and it scrolled me down. And then on the "2nd" page there was just enough gap after "Coming this fall" and the description below it, and my browser window was just the right size, that I didn't see anything else below "Coming this fall" so I thought I was at the bottom of the page.

Then I noticed the scrollbar was still more than halfway up the page so I scrolled down to read the rest.

As for me, I didn't attempt to or even realize you could click on the Bvckup logo/text to get the page to scroll down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version