ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Friends: Brace yourselves for another economic turn.

(1/6) > >>

superboyac:
I'm probably being too paranoid, but I think another economic dip or badness is right around the corner.  I also think many of my favorite economists agree with this.  Stocks are not doing well for several weeks now, there have been a couple of odd buyouts lately (Skype), interest rates are still low, the president has been really vocal with the doomsday talk about the economy lately, Greece is about to go Iceland on the world, we're spending a lot of money fighting the wars, and adding to it with libya and all.  The Middle East continues to undergo rapid change and reformation.  On top of it all, there have been a lot of big natural disasters in recent years, all needing major recovery.  As a sidenote, California has not had a big quake for a loooooooong time, and I feel like it's right around the corner also, especially with all these massive tectonic movements in Japan, Indonesia.  I think we're on that same "plate".  I remember a researcher investing the quakes in CA when I was still in school, and he showed that a big one occurs pretty consistently every 12 years or so.  Well, it's been a while since Northridge (1994).  A quake right now in CA would be pretty bad.  The state is already financially strapped, all the government orgs are cutting everything...it would be really expensive and ill-timed.

Prices in general are going up, which is also not a good sign in these situations.  I don't know.  Of course, I realize I am normally just a paranoid person, but still.  I mean, I've been watching and thinking about all the hot topics: copyright, technologies, employment...it feels like we're just stuck.

So there.  I apologize for the gloomy talk, that's what I do!  ;D

Renegade:
WOW~! You're an optimist~! :P

No. Really. It's worse! Murphy's laws anyone?

Gothi[c]:
You forgot to add that world food stocks are going down and population is going up :)

superboyac:
i couldn't have said it better:
The entire world financial system is simply swamped with way too much debt.  The world has never seen anything even remotely close to the gigantic mountains of debt that have been accumulated around the world today.

The current global financial system is not sustainable.  More crashes are inevitable.  A lot of people are going to get steamrolled.
--- End quote ---

Deozaan:
Who are you quoting?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version