ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Backpager, an online web editor

<< < (2/2)

justice:
Thanks for the feedback all!  :Thmbsup:
Quick question for Justice: Why did you set it up as an online rather than desktop hosted app?
-40hz (June 07, 2011, 03:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
Interesting question, I have been thinking about it and it really comes down to 3 things. 1) The editor framework and interface framework were already available as javascript libraries - where as with a desktop app the development process would become more complicated. 2) I can't program desktop apps, except in AutoHotkey which becomes unwieldy (imho) as soon as you want to do something nonstandard. 3) I wouldn't have made it if I couldn't get some sort of prototype up running quickly.

a couple of very minor things struck me as odd (if I've completely misunderstood things there's no need to explain it all !):
-tomos (June 07, 2011, 03:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
Either the syntax page is for a different markdown library (with added features) or the library I use to 'convert' the code has a few issues. I don't think they're common so the easiest solution is to remove them from the syntax page  :P You're right in your expectations tomos.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version