ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why ebooks are bad for you

<< < (14/16) > >>

kyrathaba:
I just finished my 20th eBook of 2011, and started on #21: Marion Zimmer Bradley's "The Door Through Space" (got it free from Project Gutenberg).

wraith808:
I just finished my 20th eBook of 2011, and started on #21: Marion Zimmer Bradley's "The Door Through Space" (got it free from Project Gutenberg).
-kyrathaba (August 03, 2011, 02:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't even want to *count* how many I've read this year.  It seems to be accelerating.  I went to a book fair about a month ago, and purchased several hard copies, but haven't even started them yet.  But in the same time frame, I finished 13 digital books.  It's just more convenient, no matter the philosophical or future possible disadvantages of DRM.

kyrathaba:
It's just more convenient, no matter the philosophical or future possible disadvantages of DRM.
--- End quote ---

+1.

We don't have a whole lot of extra space in our house, for me to store hard copies on bookshelves.  My Kindle is a tremendous space-saver in that regard.

CodeBoy:
There truly is nothing comparable to holding a real book in your hands. It feels like the essence of the book is lost when it is read on a kindle. I appreciate the benefits, but I think there is some sort of enjoyment factor which isn't quite there when it isn't the real thing... :(

kyrathaba:
The only thing I miss with Kindle is the smell of a new book when you first open it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version