ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why ebooks are bad for you

<< < (15/16) > >>

wraith808:
There truly is nothing comparable to holding a real book in your hands. It feels like the essence of the book is lost when it is read on a kindle. I appreciate the benefits, but I think there is some sort of enjoyment factor which isn't quite there when it isn't the real thing... :(
-CodeBoy (August 05, 2011, 03:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

I guess I'm a heretic, because I've always been a reader, and I don't miss anything about physical books.  Other than reference books, which I've tried to use in digital form, but it's hard, everything else is a better experience.  Of course, I felt the same way about hardbacks vs softbacks, so...

Stoic Joker:
I guess I'm a heretic, because I've always been a reader, and I don't miss anything about physical books.
-wraith808 (August 05, 2011, 07:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah? ...Try swatting a fly with your iPad and get back to me on that.

:D

Renegade:
There truly is nothing comparable to holding a real book in your hands. It feels like the essence of the book is lost when it is read on a kindle. I appreciate the benefits, but I think there is some sort of enjoyment factor which isn't quite there when it isn't the real thing... :(
-CodeBoy (August 05, 2011, 03:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1

It's hard to articulate.

I think it's easier to flip through a book than a digital edition. Really, flipping through a digital book is nothing short of agonizing in my experience.

I just bought a book in both ebook (non-DRM PDF) and physical. I can easily read the physical, but the ebook is much more difficult to deal with.

wraith808:
I guess I'm a heretic, because I've always been a reader, and I don't miss anything about physical books.
--- End quote ---

-Stoic Joker (August 05, 2011, 12:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

I never swatted flies with my physical books - I think you're the heretic!  ;D

Stoic Joker:
--- End quote ---

-Stoic Joker (August 05, 2011, 12:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

I never swatted flies with my physical books-wraith808 (August 05, 2011, 01:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

*Shrug* Just goes to show you what happens. First you never tried, and now you can't.

Kinda sad really ... Lost opportunities and all that.

*Sigh*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version