ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Shift Kicker 1.1.1.7

<< < (2/5) > >>

Ath:
Oh, and making that into an icon isn't that hard

MilesAhead:
Oh, and making that into an icon isn't that hard
-Ath (June 07, 2011, 02:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the links.  Actually I tried a few.  Usually doesn't look so great in the task tray though.  Too small for detail.

MilesAhead:
Shift Kicker 1.1.1.0 Changed custom icon. An artist I'm not.  But at least it's royalty free. :)

Ath:
Almost anything besides the standard AutoHotKey and/or AutoIt icons is good IMHO. It is sitting in the systemtray all day (I've configured W7 not to hide any icons), so it's nice if it's not too ugly ;)

For the (gui) tools I made recently and published on DC, I took a screenshot of the app and migrated that into an icon. But for commandline tools I don't even bother.

MilesAhead:
I don't know how those artist guys do it with small images that look like something.  Usually I take the easy way out and put white letters on a teal background.  Even with the shifter if you look you'll see it's really IOU. It's way too frustrating trying to draw stuff with a mouse with the rubber ball inside.

The icon designers must use a joystick or something with more control.

Also I try to keep the KB low since it does sit in the tray and use memory.

If one of those free Vista icons seems appropriate I'll use it.  Like a big green Plus Sign for Skwire's "Harvest Time" (I use it as a stack Icon to help me pick it out of the jumble.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version