ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for suggestions for domain name registration

<< < (2/3) > >>

mahesh2k:
Avoid godaddy at all costs. Check nodaddy.com for few reasons. Go with any other random domain registrar but godaddy.

joiwind:
I've been using MonteCarloHosting for many years - they are really friendly and helpful and very reactive when you need help.
Apart from reasonably priced hosting they also register domains : MonteCarloHosting

mahesh2k:
Montecarlo is definitely expensive host compared to hostgator, site5, cirtexhosting etc. I mean seriously, 250 MB space for 5.95$ per month ? :down:

Renegade:
Alternative opinion
-justice (June 07, 2011, 06:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

He doesn't point out anything about GoDaddy that's bad.

The only problem seems to be that he didn't know how to seamlessly move a domain and keep DNS working, and that the people he moved to took 2 days to respond. Hardly seemed like a GoDaddy problem.

As for GoDaddy's panel, it's excellent. They've improved a lot of things in it as well.

I've used other registrars, and none were as good as GoDaddy. That's usually because of the control panel though. GD has a very good one. Others are pretty poor.

Regarding NoDaddy.com. Meh... Dunno. There will always be a few problems, but it's not like that's the norm.

40hz:
I use DomainDiscover.com for all my registrations.

Also not the cheapest ($12/yr single domain, discounts available for additional years or multiple domains)  but I have been extremely happy with them. Nice account management panel, good DNS, and competent tech support on those rare occasions when you need it. They also offer private registrations (i.e. ownership masking service) at a nominal additional cost if you want to hide your real contact info from casual perusal.

Good company too.  No games or scams with your domain registrations or searches.

Not much else to say other than I really like dealing with them.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version