ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for suggestions for domain name registration

<< < (3/3)

Stoic Joker:
They also offer private registrations (i.e. ownership masking service) at a nominal additional cost if you want to hide your real contact info from casual perusal.-40hz (June 07, 2011, 08:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

They charge extra for that?!? (Bad Monkey) Hover don't. I transfered the main company from Network Solutions to Hover last week, and it was enabled by default (as a courtesy) on the newly transfered domain. It wasn't enabled at NetSol, so it has to be a Hover thing. Also it's only $10 yr for a transfered domain. So I got 3 years for $30 when I moved it.

The transfer was completely seamless as I was able to preconfigure all the DNS settings at Hover before the transfer went through. Well  :-\ maybe not completely seamless ... as we did have a minor (4 hour) Email outage. But that was because I'd been in a hurry and ("Christmas Tree'd" the input) created a circular reference in the MX records (...Hay, (sh)IT Happens). However, when I caught and corrected it the push was instantaneous ... Because mail (that people had been waiting on for hours) started flooding in (literally) within seconds after I hit apply. But that was not Hover's fault.

wraith808:
(Bad Monkey) Hover don't. I transfered the main company from Network Solutions to Hover last week, and it was enabled by default (as a courtesy) on the newly transfered domain.
-Stoic Joker (June 07, 2011, 11:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think a lot of them throw freebies in like that when you transfer.

Stoic Joker:
(Bad Monkey) Hover don't. I transfered the main company from Network Solutions to Hover last week, and it was enabled by default (as a courtesy) on the newly transfered domain.
-Stoic Joker (June 07, 2011, 11:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think a lot of them throw freebies in like that when you transfer.-wraith808 (June 07, 2011, 01:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Could be, but it's also an actively available configuration option for the other domains that weren't just transfered. *Shrug* If I can remember, I'll try enabling it on one of the other domains tomorrow and see if it starts begging for more coin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version