ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

15+ useful Chrome Extensions you might not have heard of

<< < (2/6) > >>

Deozaan:
Are you aware that your Adblock extension is not from the same folks who made the wonderful Adblock Plus for Firefox?

For that one you need to go here: Adblock Plus for Google Chrome (Beta)

MilesAhead:
I use FlashBlock and am generally happy with it. The one feature I wish it had (which it may and I haven't found it yet) is to load *all* Flash objects on a page *one time only*/on-demand. Often times I find myself going to a site that has 5 or 10 *separate* Flash elements on it and having to click each one to enable is annoying, yet I may not want to white list the whole site permanently either. Maybe even a "temporarily white list this site" would be nice, so I could continue browsing the site that session even. Otherwise it's great though, no sudden Flash surprises! hehe.

- Oshyan
-JavaJones (June 06, 2011, 10:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info.  Mostly I just want to screen out sudden noise as I mentioned. I don't watch online video very often.  Maybe Leo Laporte on Twit TV now and then. :)

I'll give it a try.

SKA:
Will these extensions work with Chromium or Srware Iron ?
Or they are only for Google Chrome ?

Thanks
SKA

ewemoa:
Are you aware that your Adblock extension is not from the same folks who made the wonderful Adblock Plus for Firefox?

For that one you need to go here: Adblock Plus for Google Chrome (Beta)
-Deozaan (June 07, 2011, 12:12 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for this tip :)

There was a nice tidbit on a page for Adblock Plus for Google Chrome extension regarding the initially mentioned Adblock extension, FWIW:

Please note that there is another extension called "AdBlock", which is not related to the Adblock Plus movement but also works great.

--- End quote ---

MilesAhead:
Will these extensions work with Chromium or Srware Iron ?
Or they are only for Google Chrome ?

Thanks
SKA
-SKA (June 07, 2011, 01:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

All the Chrome extensions I've tried have worked in Chromium.  Iron I've had some that wouldn't work because the folders are not what the extensions expect.  I think Chromium you have better compatibility than Iron.  But I haven't tried Iron in 6 months or so.

I've been using Chromium nightly builds. Currently I'm using 14.0.786.0.  The only problem I'm running into is bookmark sync dupes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version