ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Need Help figuring out what personal wiki software fits my needs

<< < (2/3) > >>

40hz:
You might want to look at Canaware NetNotes
-40hz (June 05, 2011, 07:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

A modest rework of that and you have a decent mini-review!  :up: :up:
-cranioscopical (June 06, 2011, 06:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

I probably should. I've praised it enough. And enough times. Might be easier to just write it once and for all, and then point to it going forward, huh?  ;D

Dochappy:
Spent the day using NetNotes and it's growing on me. It's not as fast as CintaNotes but it has more features. I like that  it has the option to style text. I've noticed a little delay when choosing fonts and switching from another program to NetNotes.

Barring any big problems this will replace CintaNotes for me on my desktop. Will keep CintaNotes on my external hard drive for when I need to use it on other computers.

@Steeladept That would be a big help if he is willing. I really would like to learn how to use TiddlyWiki because how portable it is just one file lol.

Thanks again.

Dochappy:
I have a small question about NetNotes.  I have several articles in a drop zone folder and Now I'm wanting to send them to different folders I have created. Is there a way to send multiple articles to a folder at once instead of dragging an article one at a time ?

oblivion:
I'm wanting to start a personal wiki so all the notes I take and gather online using CintaNotes can have a final resting place.-Dochappy (June 04, 2011, 06:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

My favourite is WOAS (Wiki On A Stick).

The thing I absolutely love about it is that it's self-contained, and runs in Your Web Browser Of Choice (given Java, natch.)

The learning curve is, well, next to non-existent -- particularly if you're already familiar with TiddlyWiki -- and although I've played with all the packages you've already named, I keep going back to WOAS.

Oh, and it's free. Get it here.

wraith808:
^ Thanks!  I'd actually never heard of that...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version