ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Does not correctly capture dialog window from SpyShelter Check for Update option

<< < (3/4) > >>

mouser:
let me try to reproduce and report.

Defenestration:
- SSC updates the thumbnail view when files are created/deleted/renamed in the capture folder, but it doesn't update the thumbnail view if a file is overwritten (eg. save an image to the capture folder and use the name of an existing file to overwrite it).
--- End quote ---

SC is designed to auto pickup when a file changes.. but perhaps something about the way you are saving it is making it miss the change.  I actually just changed something that might improve this -- can you try with the latest version of Screenshot Captor and let me know if you still see this behavior?
-mouser (June 07, 2011, 07:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
I restored my computer today and just tried with the previous version, and it's now picking up the change. Must've been some issue with my system.

mouser:
Ok i can confirm and reproduce the problem.
Now i'll try to solve it.

I can see the proximal cause is that the background black/white box it's trying to draw behind the child window is not being drawn outside the window borders.

What I don't know is if this is something easy to fix -- an oversight on my part -- or whether it's a more fundamental problem with the bitblitting operation im using to paint the area behind the window.  I shall report.

mouser:
Ok i found the culprit, but the solution is imperfect.

I have added a new option that tells SC whether you want to restrict to a small margin when capturing non-top (child) windows.
This was the default in previous versions, but is disabled in the new version.

The caveat is this -- if you uncheck this box you will have to ensure that the child dialog is not in front of the parent window -- but is instead outside of it.
Otherwise it will fail to isolate it from the background of the parent window and it will look even worse than before.

Try re-downloading from normal download url and let me know if it works for you.

Perhaps later I can automatically move the window away during capture and move it back afterwards.

Defenestration:
Thanks for taking the time to look into this. I'll let you know if it works.

FYI, WindowClippings 3 has no problems capturing this window and shadow, even when in front of the main parent window, so it must be possible. It does this without moving the window away.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version