ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Does not correctly capture dialog window from SpyShelter Check for Update option

<< < (2/4) > >>

mouser:
Sorry for delayed response, I wonder if we should split this into a few sections.

Let's deal with SpyShelter issue first -- I'm guessing the problem is related to a child window on top of the main window.  If you move the child window off the main window so that its background is the desktop, can you tell me if that fixes the problem?  OOPS i see you wrote: "No change when the window/dialog is moved over the desktop background.", hmm now that is strange.. i will test myself..

Also, if you disable the Window Capturing 1 option to try to capture Aero Glass, what kind of result do you get then?

mouser:
- Related to above, I also tried selecting some existing text, and was then hoping to hold the Ctrl key down while dragging to make a copy of selected area, which I could then place over the other text. Is this possible, as I couldn't seem to find how to do it ? If not, can you add this capability.
--- End quote ---

In general i would advise using a standalone image editor for stuff like this (which you can configure to launch from an SC button and which SC will pick up after changes automatically) , but it is in fact possible from SC directly.  You would select the region, hit Ctrl+C to copy it, then Ctrl+V to paste it as a new object you can resposition and adjust transparency.

mouser:
- Feature to count number of unique colours - can be handy when deciding which format to save in.
--- End quote ---
that would be perfect scenario for an external tool interfaced to SC;  SC has a way to create and share tool files that show up in the Tools menu; Im guessing this is the kind of tool that either already exists or someone would be willing to code in the Coding Snacks area.  Then perhaps you could create and share a SC tool file for it to make it easier for all to use from SC.

mouser:
- SSC updates the thumbnail view when files are created/deleted/renamed in the capture folder, but it doesn't update the thumbnail view if a file is overwritten (eg. save an image to the capture folder and use the name of an existing file to overwrite it).
--- End quote ---

SC is designed to auto pickup when a file changes.. but perhaps something about the way you are saving it is making it miss the change.  I actually just changed something that might improve this -- can you try with the latest version of Screenshot Captor and let me know if you still see this behavior?

Defenestration:
Sorry for delayed response, I wonder if we should split this into a few sections.
-mouser (June 07, 2011, 06:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
Feel free to snip/move away.

Let's deal with SpyShelter issue first -- I'm guessing the problem is related to a child window on top of the main window.  If you move the child window off the main window so that its background is the desktop, can you tell me if that fixes the problem?-mouser (June 07, 2011, 06:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
No, it's exactly the same.

Also, if you disable the Window Capturing 1 option to try to capture Aero Glass, what kind of result do you get then?
-mouser (June 07, 2011, 06:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version