ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

O&O DiskImage 5: Special Spring Sale - 75% Discount!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Ennovy:
The download you mentioned is an older version (5.5.120), I downloaded it too after buying and using the download link in the email.

Go to the O&O website and download version 5.6.18

tomos:
The download you mentioned is an older version (5.5.120), I downloaded it too after buying and using the download link in the email.

-Ennovy (June 02, 2011, 10:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

thanks Ennovy :up:

tomos:
How are you supposed to restore with this?
They talk about a "Start CD" but it doesnt seem to be one you can make yourself - it was a bargain but without this it's pretty useless.
Have I missed out on something?

Help file says:
Note: The Start CD, designed for running O&O DiskImage without an operating system and for restoring a system
partition, is not included in the Special Edition.
--- End quote ---

Anyone know was this a "special" edition?

Thanks....

tomos:
How are you supposed to restore with this?
They talk about a "Start CD" but it doesnt seem to be one you can make yourself - it was a bargain but without this it's pretty useless.
Have I missed out on something?
-tomos (July 28, 2011, 06:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

as usual, yes, I missed out on something :-[

-Ennovy (June 02, 2011, 10:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

I did this but the WinPE capability is not included in the trial, doh!

You will (apparently) also need to download WAIK (Windows Automated Installation Kit) from microsoft, which weighs in a hefty 1.7 GB iso. Getting goodish download speeds anyways...

I gotta say as well:
Best customer service in a while from O&O, very fast & helpful  :up: :up:

tomos:
Anyone actually tested this i.e. used it to restore an image?

There appears to be a new version out #6.
    -  I couldnt find an upgrade price,
    -  I couldnt find a list of what's (hopefully) improved
    + it's only €29 including 19% VAT

I wouldnt stick with this though unless I knew there were going to be improvements to the interface. Initially I thought it was better than Acronis, but no, it's not. They both only really cater for the scheduled job - a lot of us dont want to schedule jobs, that's when the GUI becomes a PIA...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version