ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

KeyDrive 2.6.1.0

(1/4) > >>

MilesAhead:
http://www.favessoft.com/hotkeys.html

KeyDrive is a Tray Hotkey for opening an Explorer window to the root of a drive letter. See the About command in Tray Menu for description of the hotkeys.

New in v. 1.8.0.0.  Except when showing 2 drives side by side, the cursor is placed in the edit box after the drive window is opened in Explorer.  This makes it convenient to navigate the drive using sequential search.

Note that prompts and error messages are displayed using ToolTips.  After you use it a few times you'll know what the message is going to say. It serves as an unobtrusive indicator that the hotkey fired or the drive doesn't exist(for example a network or USB drive that's no longer mapped to a letter.)

Inspired by app's letter hotkeys for each disk drive utility.

tomos:
hi Miles, I tried this out on XP SP3.
The first Ctrl+up-arrow works, but the shortcut doesnt work here after that.

edit/ using the exe - will try the ahk file and if it works I'll be back promptly :)

edit#2/ something weird going on: AutoHotkey refuses to start. Havent used it in a good while - will go get an update :-\

tomos:
edit#2/ something weird going on: AutoHotkey refuses to start. Havent used it in a good while - will go get an update :-\
-tomos (May 27, 2011, 03:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

something was wonky here - your AHk [file] would not start. I added AHK to the exclusion list in MSE; computer was being a little quirky so I rebooted. I then tried to test using the AHK.exe which (I found out on the AHK chat page) does nothing without a script... :-[

Anyways, back on topic:-
same problem with the AHK file. I dont know will I use this app cause I use dopus and it opens in an explorer window - but just wanted to give you a heads up,
Tom

Ath:
your AHk would not start
-tomos (May 27, 2011, 06:19 AM)
--- End quote ---
You should just run the KeyDrive.exe, it will hide in the systemtray. Right-Clicking on that icon, selecting About shows the configured hotkeys.

tomos:
your AHk would not start
-tomos (May 27, 2011, 06:19 AM)
--- End quote ---
You should just run the KeyDrive.exe, it will hide in the systemtray. Right-Clicking on that icon, selecting About shows the configured hotkeys.
-Ath (May 27, 2011, 06:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

the exe wasnt working properly for me so I wanted to test the AHK script as well

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version