ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > TapTap

[SOLVED, kinda] CTRL-C shortcut not recognized in Win7-Explorer

<< < (4/4)

damax:
OKAY! I finally found some time and solved my problem. (No, I haven't. See update).

As IanB suggested I used AutoHotKey, created a script, compiled it et voilĂ ... it works. Better than ever ;)

If anyone's interested, here's the AHK code:

--- Code: Autohotkey ---; AHK Script to redirect Double-Shift to Ctrl+C and Double-Ctrl to Ctrl+V; Idea came from this Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/AutoHotkey/comments/44pn3m/double_tap_short_cut/; done by daMax (//todamax.net) Shift:: if (A_PriorHotkey = "Shift" AND A_TimeSincePriorHotkey < 250) {    ; MsgBox double-click Shift.    Send, ^c  }  else  {  ; no double-click. just wait for the key to be released and move on with your life  KeyWait, Shift  return} Control:: if (A_PriorHotkey = "Control" AND A_TimeSincePriorHotkey < 250) {    ;MsgBox double-click Control.    Send, ^v  }  else  {  ; no double-click. just wait for the key to be released and move on with your life  KeyWait, Control  return}
This now seems to work in Windows Explorer, Notepad, Firefox etc.

I uploaded the finished EXE to my blog:
http://blog.todamax.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/daMaxCopyPaste.zip

You can also find the script there: http://blog.todamax.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/daMaxCopyPaste.ahk

Update: aahrg! It's no good :( now the Shift-Key doesn't work "on its own" anymore, so I cannot Shift keys at all. FAIL :(

IainB:
@damax: Argh!! I don't think I was recommending that!!
Keep it simple. You don't need TapTap.
You might not need the ClipWait, but I put it in there just-in-case.
Try:

--- --->^m::   ; RightCtrl+m is to send <^c (COPY)
           Send, ^c
   ClipWait, 2 ; wait for up to 2 seconds for state change before proceeding, so as to ensure capture to clipboard
           Return

>^n::    ; RightCtrl+n is to send <^v (PASTE)
           Send, ^v
           Return

By the way, I discovered that OkayKeybees v1.04a does not seem to work under Win10-64, so don't bother with it.

As I said, I can't actually test this to prove it as I have my RtCtrl key mapped to something else. You should be able to test it OK though, I think.
Do you need any help with editing your Autohotkey.ahk file?
If you do, then post it here as a generic script (press the # button whilst in edit mode, on the website).
There's lots of people here can help you.

damax:
@IanB: Ooooh. That's a nice and clean solution. Alas, I'd really like a Double-Tap-thing like it was in TapTap ('cos RCtrl+m and even worse RCtrl+n are still quite awkward key-combos to use), so I tried to do it with RapidHotKey. Which kinda works although it's quite an ugly script...

--- Code: Autohotkey ---; thanks to https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/35566-rapidhotkey/  ~RShift::RapidHotkey("^c", 2, 0.1) ;COPY~RControl::RapidHotkey("^v", 2, 0.1) ;PASTE  RapidHotkey(keystroke, times="2", delay=0.2, IsLabel=0){        Pattern := Morse(delay*1000)        If (StrLen(Pattern) < 2 and Chr(Asc(times)) != "1")                Return        If (times = "" and InStr(keystroke, """"))        {                Loop, Parse, keystroke,""                        If (StrLen(Pattern) = A_Index+1)                                continue := A_Index, times := StrLen(Pattern)        }        Else if (RegExMatch(times, "^\d+$") and InStr(keystroke, """"))        {                Loop, Parse, keystroke,""                        If (StrLen(Pattern) = A_Index+times-1)                                times := StrLen(Pattern), continue := A_Index        }        Else if InStr(times, """")        {                Loop, Parse, times,""                        If (StrLen(Pattern) = A_LoopField)                                continue := A_Index, times := A_LoopField        }        Else if (times = "")                continue := 1, times := 2        Else if (times = StrLen(Pattern))                continue = 1        If !continue                Return        Loop, Parse, keystroke,""                If (continue = A_Index)                        keystr := A_LoopField        Loop, Parse, IsLabel,""                If (continue = A_Index)                        IsLabel := A_LoopField        hotkey := RegExReplace(A_ThisHotkey, "[\*\~\$\#\+\!\^]")        IfInString, hotkey, %A_Space%                StringTrimLeft, hotkey,hotkey,% InStr(hotkey,A_Space,1,0)        backspace := "{BS " times "}"        keywait = Ctrl|Alt|Shift|LWin|RWin        Loop, Parse, keywait, |                KeyWait, %A_LoopField%        If ((!IsLabel or (IsLabel and IsLabel(keystr))) and InStr(A_ThisHotkey, "~") and !RegExMatch(A_ThisHotkey        , "i)\^[^\!\d]|![^\d]|#|Control|Ctrl|LCtrl|RCtrl|Shift|RShift|LShift|RWin|LWin|Alt|LAlt|RAlt|Escape|BackSpace|F\d\d?|"        . "Insert|Esc|Escape|BS|Delete|Home|End|PgDn|PgUp|Up|Down|Left|Right|ScrollLock|CapsLock|NumLock|AppsKey|"        . "PrintScreen|CtrlDown|Pause|Break|Help|Sleep|Browser_Back|Browser_Forward|Browser_Refresh|Browser_Stop|"        . "Browser_Search|Browser_Favorites|Browser_Home|Volume_Mute|Volume_Down|Volume_Up|MButton|RButton|LButton|"        . "Media_Next|Media_Prev|Media_Stop|Media_Play_Pause|Launch_Mail|Launch_Media|Launch_App1|Launch_App2"))                Send % backspace        If (WinExist("AHK_class #32768") and hotkey = "RButton")                WinClose, AHK_class #32768        If !IsLabel                Send % keystr        else if IsLabel(keystr)                Gosub, %keystr%        Return}Morse(timeout = 400) { ;by Laszo -> http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16951 (Modified to return: KeyWait %key%, T%tout%)   tout := timeout/1000   key := RegExReplace(A_ThisHotKey,"[\*\~\$\#\+\!\^]")   IfInString, key, %A_Space%                StringTrimLeft, key, key,% InStr(key,A_Space,1,0)        If Key in Shift,Win,Ctrl,Alt                key1:="{L" key "}{R" key "}"   Loop {      t := A_TickCount      KeyWait %key%, T%tout%                Pattern .= A_TickCount-t > timeout                If(ErrorLevel)                        Return Pattern    If key in Capslock,LButton,RButton,MButton,ScrollLock,CapsLock,NumLock      KeyWait,%key%,T%tout% D    else if Asc(A_ThisHotkey)=36                KeyWait,%key%,T%tout% D    else      Input,pressed,T%tout% L1 V,{%key%}%key1%        If (ErrorLevel="Timeout" or ErrorLevel=1)                Return Pattern        else if (ErrorLevel="Max")                Return   }}
Thank a TON for your support so far.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version