ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Which is more important: the gadget, or the software and apps that runs it?

<< < (13/13)

cranioscopical:
Guns are a good example, it is the gun? or the bullet? or what happens when you point it at your head and pull the trigger?
-elvisbrown (June 13, 2011, 06:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

a canon?
-Target (June 15, 2011, 06:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Gives me the shutters!

-Edvard (June 15, 2011, 10:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Don't be so negative!

zridling:
A friend of mine got a shiny new sales job and was able to bring home both a new Motorola Xoom and iPad2. Couldn't believe how much each of them weighed, and was very surprised how responsive and quick the Xoom was. The iPad was impressive in a Apple way, but its basic apps were pretty basic (calendar, notes, etc.). On the iPad2, I had to touch the screen several times to get an app to close or to get one to open. And sometimes when I scrolled a page in Safari, the iPad would grab the entire browser and move it. I'm sure it was my fat fingers, though the Xoom didn't do the same thing.

If I were to further pare back my computer use, I could really -- REALLY -- go for a tablet. Both wanted at least $20/month for a minimal wireless contract. But since they only take Wi-fi and not a wired cable connection, I'm not buying a gadget that only allows one type of connection access. Oh well, I don't have the money anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version