ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Little Voice Commander

Adding spoken word option

(1/3) > >>

mouser:
I was talking to app about features to add.  One idea that would be really easy to add is to have an option where the program can speak what's shown, so if kid types B and it shows "B is for Bees" with a photo of a bee, then it would speak the words "B is for Bees".

I dont think the text-to-speech is good enough, so i'd like to use recorded mp3 files of a real person speaking.

The files should be named word_1.mp3 so for example "bee_1.mp3", etc for all the words found in the default VpMedia directory. the # is so that it can support different alternative voices.

I will add the feature if someone volunteers to record the 50-60 mp3 spoken word files that would be needed to accompany the initial image set.  Any volunteers?

Renegade:
I was talking to app about features to add.  One idea that would be really easy to add is to have an option where the program can speak what's shown, so if kid types B and it shows "B is for Bees" with a photo of a bee, then it would speak the words "B is for Bees".

I dont think the text-to-speech is good enough, so i'd like to use recorded mp3 files of a real person speaking.

The files should be named word_1.mp3 so for example "bee_1.mp3", etc for all the words found in the default VpMedia directory. the # is so that it can support different alternative voices.

I will add the feature if someone volunteers to record the 50-60 mp3 spoken word files that would be needed to accompany the initial image set.  Any volunteers?
-mouser (May 25, 2011, 04:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Does anyone have one of those sexy, deep radio voices?

I'd volunteer as I need to do some setup testing, and will be doing a bunch of that kind of stuff anyways.

Check out my voice at http://www.dotnetpreacher.com/ to see if it would be ok. I do NOT have a super-sexy-swinging voice though.

If you need recommendations for professional voice actors, I know a few that I could/would recommend.

But let me know if my voice will work ok. Don't be afraid to say no though -- I know my voice isn't movie preview material.

mouser:
Your voice would be just fine.  :up:

Ath:
I dont think the text-to-speech is good enough,
-mouser (May 25, 2011, 04:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'd surely have a good look at Windows supplied TTS (if I had a project for that). Current TTS for Windows is quite impressive, IMHO, and it's quite easy to select another voice, or switch from male to female, etc.

Renegade:
Your voice would be just fine.  :up:
-mouser (May 25, 2011, 04:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you decide against the Windows voices, I've emailed you. Just get back to me there. (Or let me know if a spam filter killed my email.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version