ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Phone scam - pretending to be Microsoft Engineer

<< < (2/4) > >>

Stoic Joker:
It's times like that where you kind of wish you had a nice sized bot army. Oh, what was that link? <tappity tappity click /> Oh... The site seems to be down now... :P-Renegade (May 24, 2011, 06:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

[Evil Laughter] He He He He [/Evil Laughter]  :Thmbsup:

ravenlaughs:
Owoo, I would so love to play with one of those dorks. And of course record the whole thing.

Renegade:
Owoo, I would so love to play with one of those dorks. And of course record the whole thing.
-ravenlaughs (May 24, 2011, 06:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

I had some Jehovah's witnesses or mormons over one time as they tried to convert me. I gave them a mini sermon on the infinite mercies of Khorne the Blood God. (That was my avatar here for years!) That was fun~! :)

Stoic Joker:
-ravenlaughs (May 24, 2011, 06:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

I had some Jehovah's witnesses or mormons over one time as they tried to convert me. -Renegade (May 24, 2011, 07:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
Cripes those people make me nutz ... I answered the door once holding a beer, wearing nothing but a big grin, and invited them in.  (Damn'dist thing) They just ran down the driveway. *Shrug* People with standards are boaring...

I gave them a mini sermon on the infinite mercies of Khorne the Blood God. (That was my avatar here for years!) That was fun~! :)-Renegade (May 24, 2011, 07:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'd been wondering what that was. Cool.

Carol Haynes:
I have had a number of clients hit by this scam and a few have handed over money and access to their computer. They basically diddle about looking like they are doing something and install some free tools (like Malwarebytes).

One client contacted trading standards and got her money back and an investigation started. Trouble is it is difficult to tell where the scammers are based as I have come across a variety of accents!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version