ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Fold 2.2.1.0

<< < (5/6) > >>

MilesAhead:
Enabling "display full path in title bar" did tile the first Explorer, but not the second.

Disabling taskbar autohide tiled the second Explorer (of my pair) so now it works!

Thanks!
-JohnFredC (June 14, 2011, 06:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Glad you got it going.

I would also take a look at using TaskbarGap since it accommodates screen resolution change.  At some point I may add the functions to let the user set the percentage gap per side for cases where they use auto hide or for other considerations such as gadget bars on different edges of the screen.  But one step at a time(or "stepwise refinement" as they used to call it.) :)

Stoic Joker:
If the Taskbar is set to AutoHide, the OS reports the desktop work area the same as the screen resolution.  IOW, there's no way to know where to put the gap.-MilesAhead (June 13, 2011, 03:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've banged my head on that rock a few times...And I still don't know the answer (I suspect there ain't one).

MilesAhead:
If the Taskbar is set to AutoHide, the OS reports the desktop work area the same as the screen resolution.  IOW, there's no way to know where to put the gap.-MilesAhead (June 13, 2011, 03:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've banged my head on that rock a few times...And I still don't know the answer (I suspect there ain't one).
-Stoic Joker (June 14, 2011, 03:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

I just did one that lets you manually set x pixels to trim from each side via ini file.  Here's the post with details:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=27054.msg252210#msg252210

I tried it with my Taskbar set to AutoHide.  Seemed to work as long as I don't change the setting while it's running.  Log off, then back on seems to fix things.  I does detect screen res change though.

Edit: just to be clear, you can set each side individually via .ini file
[Settings]
Left=0
Top=0
Right=80
Botton=0

etc..

If they all evaluate to zero(such as a number out of range) you are prompted to edit the .ini and put in good values.

MilesAhead:
If the Taskbar is set to AutoHide, the OS reports the desktop work area the same as the screen resolution.  IOW, there's no way to know where to put the gap.-MilesAhead (June 13, 2011, 03:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

-Stoic Joker (June 14, 2011, 03:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

You may be right.  I did a command line app that just sets the work area to the numbers and posts a WM_SETTINGSCHANGE.  It reports success, but when you then check the current work area, it reports the screen res if Taskbar AutoHide is on.  That was a waste of time. :)

Oh well, at least now I can just set the numbers without an app sitting in the tray. :)
I don't change screen res voluntarily anyway. :)

vixay:
File managers with quad windows may be a solution but I haven't found a free one that seemed stable and predictable.
-MilesAhead (May 24, 2011, 12:21 AM)
--- End quote ---
Have you tried Q-Dir ? It's free and seems to work well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version