ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Fold 2.2.1.0

<< < (3/6) > >>

MilesAhead:
Fold 1.8.0.0 Minor window sizing adjustments.

MilesAhead:
Fold 1.9.0.0  Now supports listing folders to open on command line.  Also if a non existent file or empty file is specified as the first file on the command line, it is opened for editing using Notepad. (Why not use Notepad directly? For command prompt freaks it may be convenient for using the Up Arrow command history. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

Any paths with spaces should be wrapped in double quotes.
For example

fold c:\ "C:\Program Files"  should open those folders side by side with a TaskBar Gap as specified in Fold.ini.

=======================================================
Note that for folders listed on command line, they must all exist or the launch is aborted.
With a folder set file on the other hand, each folder name is checked and those not found are removed from the list.  If any valid folders remain, they are launched.
=======================================================

Note that I've changed the behavior above.  The command line params are scanned for folders.  If any valid are found, they are added to an array and launched.  No further processing is done.  Other than that, if a file that is a list of folders is specified, it is processed.  If the filename on the command line does not exist or has 0 length, then it is passed to Notepad for edit.

For example if you use this command line:
Fold c: d:\ e:

all the drives are converted to upper case and a slash is appended if needed.  Then those are launched as folders.

If you have this command line
Fold c: c:\temp crap l:

then assuming there's no folder named "crap" the other 3 folders will be opened etc..

An example with notepad:

Fold FolderSet.txt

If FolderSet.txt does not exist or is blank, it's passed to notepad.

MilesAhead:
Fold 2.0.0.0 If it sees TaskbarGap.exe is running, it uses TileWindow API rather than calculating a gap on its own.

JohnFredC:
I tried the latest version of your Fold tool.  It successfully opens the Explorer windows but does not tile them.  Same behavior whether using an FLD file or simply listing the folders on the command line.

XP, 1920x1200, taskbar auto-hidden on left.

MilesAhead:
If the Taskbar is set to AutoHide, the OS reports the desktop work area the same as the screen resolution.  IOW, there's no way to know where to put the gap.  You should just use Tile Windows.

It's noted in the Readme that AutoHide has to be disabled for the utility to operate.

edit: I'm curious. How many folders are you trying to open?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version