ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Review of VistaDB

<< < (4/5) > >>

wraith808:
(Added section for Database Programmability in main review above)

wraith808:
(Addition to Step Four: Database Management/Use section, and upgraded rating from 8/10 to 9/10)

wraith808:
(Added section for Integration in main review above)

CWuestefeld:
Notes: The dataset stuff is annoying, but not insurpassable.  If that is the normal behavior of the dataset generator...
-wraith808 (May 23, 2011, 11:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think you're still running into the VS designer "quirks" that I mentioned in a past post. It's really quite annoying, but I've had to go through the process of rebuilding this stuff many times, while dealing with vanilla SQL Server databases.

Are you planning on doing any work in LINQ? I'm curious how well VistaDB works in that context.

wraith808:
Notes: The dataset stuff is annoying, but not insurpassable.  If that is the normal behavior of the dataset generator...
-wraith808 (May 23, 2011, 11:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think you're still running into the VS designer "quirks" that I mentioned in a past post. It's really quite annoying, but I've had to go through the process of rebuilding this stuff many times, while dealing with vanilla SQL Server databases.
-CWuestefeld (June 06, 2011, 09:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks.  That was my initial thought, but I wasn't quite sure.

Are you planning on doing any work in LINQ? I'm curious how well VistaDB works in that context.
-CWuestefeld (June 06, 2011, 09:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm planning to do a side project to test performance under load- I'll try to fit some testing of LINQ into that also.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version