ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best E-mail Client

What's with all the blank lines in emails recieved from Outlook users?

<< < (4/5) > >>

rjbull:
Back when we thought the invention of the QWK offline message reading format was the pinnacle of technology. ;)
-Innuendo (August 09, 2009, 10:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Back then... it WAS!   :D

David.P:
Coming back to this ten years later, and it is still not fixed.

If someone sends me a mail from Outlook and I copy and paste the mail text somewhere else, I usually get like four paragraph marks (one of them followed by a non-breaking space) between every single paragraph

Is that because even the guys at Project FixOutlook.org took a bribe with that silly giant poster that Microsoft sent them (instead of fixing Outlook) -- which apparently froze them with a foolish grin instead of moving on with kicking Microsoft's ass?

--
Edit, JFTR:
I asked if they could make TB! start any editor of your choice, i.e., present the message you were working on as a file for your preferred text editor to work on.  That's the way many systems worked back in the Fidonet DOS days.
-rjbull (August 07, 2009, 10:57 AM)
--- End quote ---
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=2934663&sid=7d54a912985816e6bcbe6a780573bee2#p2934663

Shades:
A solution for Outlook? Nope.

But your second request could be solved by visiting this link. Didn't check if it works with Outlook, I try to prevent installation of that software wherever I can.

wraith808:
He's not asking for a solution for Outlook for himself, but for copying and pasting from messages sent to him by an Outlook client if I'm understanding correctly.

rjbull:
Coming back to this ten years later, and it is still not fixed.
[...]
I asked if they could make TB! start any editor of your choice, i.e., present the message you were working on as a file for your preferred text editor to work on.  That's the way many systems worked back in the Fidonet DOS days.
-rjbull (August 07, 2009, 10:57 AM)
--- End quote ---
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=2934663&sid=7d54a912985816e6bcbe6a780573bee2#p2934663
-David.P (June 28, 2018, 04:10 AM)
--- End quote ---
I wasn't clear...  I meant The Bat!, not Thunderbird.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version