ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Open images without program window showing.

<< < (2/20) > >>

pilgrim:
you could try ArtSage.  It's an image viewer, but it presents the image full frame and without any visible toolbars etc.  Downside here is that it doesn't appear to display multiple images concurrently

another alternative may be Osiva.  This one seems to display images as separate instances (at their 'original' size).  It does display a floating toolbar, though you may be able to hide it (I didn't try)
-Target (May 17, 2011, 06:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks.

ArtSage turned out to be a newer version of ArtSee which I already have.
Osiva I looked at yesterday but it never fitted the bill.

Part of the problem is that the only way I have managed to get this to work at all is by using a single program, till now First Impression, set as the default image viewer, but that opens all images in the same place, i.e. on top of each other if there is more than one at a time.
Osiva on the other hand opens images in different places but it opens them all at once, not one at a time which is what I need.

I have a small portable audible alarm program that will only activate once and then has to be reset, I can however create multiple instances of the EXE file (1.exe, 2.exe, etc) and set them all to different times.
I wondered if there was a small portable image viewer that could be used in the same way to set different positions.
Small being the operative word as the main use for this is on a netbook with limited resources.

The problem with that is I am using the batch files to trigger a specific image which in turn is picking up the default viewer.
If my idea was possible I would need a way to trigger a specific version of both the viewer and the image which is beyond my understanding of batch files.

skwire:
I have a working proof-of-concept app, called Frameless, written for you.  Some notes/questions:

1) This will be a commandline app that you can call from your batch file.  The syntax will be:

--- ---c:\path\to\Frameless.exe "<image path>" <x coord> <y coord>
2) Did you want taskbar buttons shown for each image?

pilgrim:
2) Did you want taskbar buttons shown for each image?-skwire (May 18, 2011, 09:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hi,

The only option I need is to be able to turn images off, one at a time if several show at once.
For my purposes this could be either from a taskbar button or the image itself.
The only use I could think of for taskbar buttons would be to minimize/maximize images which would be handy but not essential.

skwire:
The only option I need is to be able to turn images off, one at a time if several show at once.
For my purposes this could be either from a taskbar button or the image itself.
The only use I could think of for taskbar buttons would be to minimize/maximize images which would be handy but not essential.
-pilgrim-online (May 18, 2011, 09:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

There are currently two ways to close a displayed image: 1) Pressing escape with the image focused or 2) Using the right-click context menu.  Also, since there is no border or titlebar, I've made it so that you can simply left-click and hold to drag the image around.

Give it a shot:  Frameless download

pilgrim:
Frameless works well if I set it as the default viewer, if not it opens the default viewer along with the image.

I will give it another go tomorrow, my usual default viewer First Impression gives a preview if you hold the curser over a file, which I make quite a lot of use of.

Being able to put the images in different positions is great.

Is there any way of separating the default viewer from the one I use in the batch files?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version