ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Windows Shortcut transformation

<< < (10/10)

Contro:
Understood

I'll take good care.

Best Regards

A good program.

kamahl:
A feature request for you:  Would it be possible to have it convert shortcuts to symlinks?

Contro:
I'm currently hiding from the tax people in the UK at the moment, (not too far from a certain DC member in Yorkshire ;) ), but to answer some of the above:

* It only works on shortcuts.  I could add in copying of actual files/folders but it would be slow compared to some programs out there.  If you want to copy all files/folders excluding shortcuts, try:
xcopy source destination /E /EXCLUDE:.lnk
This will duplicate the folder structure, (including empty folders), and copy all files/folders except shortcuts.
* It doesn't run in the background, the progressbar is updated as each shortcut is processed and the results are displayed when all processing is finished.
* You can refresh the Short2Real directory display by pressing F5.
* You'll need to refresh explorers' file view by pressing F5.-4wd (May 04, 2011, 04:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have been testing the program. Certainly good.

Best Regards.
If I received any error I have your log. Simply perfect.

Contro:
A feature request for you:  Would it be possible to have it convert shortcuts to symlinks?
-kamahl (May 05, 2011, 10:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

I am under windows xp pro. I don't really understand some concepts. symlink feels very similar to shortcut, but I don't know.

Best Regards

4wd:
A feature request for you:  Would it be possible to have it convert shortcuts to symlinks?-kamahl (May 05, 2011, 10:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Should be easy enough, (FLW), as I said above, I'm currently in the UK but I have the source on the netbook so I should be able to mod it.

Just don't expect it to happen in the next few days - I'm technically kind of on holiday :)

Just to clarify, do you want symlinks, hardlinks or both (hardlinks are the easiest to do) ?

Symlinks are restricted to NT6+, (Vista and above).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version