topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:30 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Virus question  (Read 13100 times)

TheManRetired

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Virus question
« on: May 04, 2011, 11:02 AM »
Hello, I just started the clipboard help+spell program and I got a warning from Avast antivirus that it had a .Heuristic virus or something like that and I thought you should know about it. I never got a warning or anything when I installed the program so don't know how it got there. I will uninstall and re-download and try again and see if it is still there or if something later put it in. :tellme:

TheManRetired

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Virus question
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 11:17 AM »
I just re-downloaded via the dcupdater and there is no problem now, must have gotten somehow after it was installed. Don't know enough about how to find out but at least now I have a good working program thanks to you.

:D

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Virus question
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 01:13 PM »
Thanks for the report -- those heuristic antivirus alarms are almost entirely worthless and serve no other purpose than the panic people and make them think something is wrong when it isn't -- first thing i do when installing an antivirus is turn off the heuristic options.