ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

SSD Drives - something to consider before taking the plunge

<< < (5/8) > >>

justice:
no he's talking to server administrators

Deozaan:
no he's talking to server administrators
-justice (June 18, 2011, 05:24 AM)
--- End quote ---
So basically everything he said doesn't apply to me. I'm not wasting my life if I don't have an SSD. Got it. :)

Dormouse:
So basically everything he said doesn't apply to me. I'm not wasting my life if I don't have an SSD. -Deozaan (June 18, 2011, 06:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, seems to me you will probably be wasting some of it if you don't have one  :D; rather depends on how much of your life you have to spend to earn the money to buy & fit one & what else you would do with any time saved.

Renegade:
They really are much faster. Since installing one, Visual Studio is WAY faster. It's really that good.

Now, $1,000? Dunno. I have a cheapo 128 GB SSD for something like $200 or $220 (I forget). The next step up here was a grand for a 256 GB drive. Ummm... I'll skip that.

Deozaan:
You are wasting your life if you aren't a nudist! Think of those precious seconds wasted lowering your pants every time you have to use the toilet! Think of the seconds wasted getting dressed! Think of how much sooner you could be bathing/showering or having sex if you didn't have to get undressed first! Just imagine how much faster health services would be if you didn't have to remove your clothing and then slip into the hospital gown.

I know it may not seem like much, these few seconds here and there. But consider two things:

1. These seconds add up. If you shower every day and use the toilet two times a day, that's at least two times each day you go through the entire process of adding or removing all your clothes, and at least two times each day you partially go through the process of removing your clothes. Multiply those few seconds by every day of your life and I wouldn't be surprised if entire hours were wasted changing your state of (un)dress!

2. Multiply this time wasted by about 6 billion people on the earth and you begin to see the scale of time wasted on this trivial matter.

It's time for a modern solution to a problem that has plagued humanity for millenia. Take your clothes off and never put them on again. You are just wasting your life otherwise.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version