ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Droid Texting - Fail!

<< < (2/5) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Oh -- I didn't mean that it happens normally on Android -- I was speaking about any technology or service or product or anything in general... i.e. Less than promised...-Renegade (May 10, 2011, 11:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Understood ... I wasn't Uber rational last night, so I was having to try really hard to filter my thoughts to avoid ranting like a rabid ape... :)

Over promising is a common sales tactic that has driven my hatred for sales people all my life. I'm used to it. But, to my way of thinking, protocols used after connection be damned ... This phone is quite simply failing to dial a phone number correctly. Solely do to it mangling the phone number. That's not really a new technology, as phones have been around since the 1800s. After the number is dialed it can screw up anything it wants to...I'll understand...That part is new. But it damn well better dial the :)ing number as it's told, when it's told ... Or I start fantasizing about claw hammers and stuff... :)

Perhaps I'm still not quite entirely calm just yet.  :-\

I never had that problem on my HTC G1.

But I've always been in the habit of storing contact's phone numbers as 11 digit (1-234-567-8901). Even so, there have been a few times that numbers were stored in my phone in 10 or 7 digit format and they always worked fine.-Deozaan (May 11, 2011, 02:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is why I was kind of hoping it was a setting somewhere...the behavior is really just too weird (to me). I tried every number format I could think of, especially the ones that Google seemed to be using and/or the one the phone uses when it creates a new contact from the phone logs. No Dice... Texting = Phantom Busted Number Fail. *Shrug*

skwire:
FWIW, I've had no problems texting on my Droid X.

Stoic Joker:
FWIW, I've had no problems texting on my Droid X.-skwire (May 11, 2011, 07:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Neither has the sales manager with any of the half dozen Droids he's had, or the VP with the same (exact) model & carrier. *Shrug* Apparently it's just my luck to get the only defectoid in the bunch for the wife's very first smart phone ... Right before she goes out of town to visit our granddaughter (e.g. If this friggin thing doesn't fly straight I'll never hear the end of it).

I'd so hoped it was just a simple setting ... But now, I'm convinced...It's a Demonic Possession!  :o

:D

phitsc:
I've never had a problem texting on my Android phone either. Although I have switched to free alternatives (GTalk and WhatsApp) with almost all of my friends, except the few obstinate Windows Mobile friends :P , and my mother maybe ;)

4wd:
Same here, SMS on the Huawei IDEOS 8150, (Android 2.2.1), works fine.

However, I enter all my contact numbers as full international numbers, eg: +441234123456

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version