ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

[Freeware] FadeTop - a visual break reminder that fades the desktop

<< < (3/9) > >>

musetips:
Thanks for the concrete steps!

Any chance this info could be made readily available via the application?  Or perhaps it is already and I haven't found it  :-[
-ewemoa (May 09, 2011, 03:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's not included in the app for now.

PhilB66:
Warning, this is a thread hijack but I just could not resist  :D

@musetips

What's the deal with the incremental updates of your Text Filter application? The only things that changed every 3-4 days since November last year are the version number and date. Also, you seem to hide the portable version...  hope it has got nothing to do with the crap that is included in the installer.

musetips:
Warning, this is a thread hijack but I just could not resist  :D

@musetips

What's the deal with the incremental updates of your Text Filter application? The only things that changed every 3-4 days since November last year are the version number and date. Also, you seem to hide the portable version...  hope it has got nothing to do with the crap that is included in the installer.
-PhilB66 (May 09, 2011, 09:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you for the interest.

That's not an "incremental updates". All the applications on that site (musetips.com) share a common library with some other software products (in scores). There's a dedicated server that rebuilds the library nightly.

So if you see the version number changes from 1.0.0.X to 1.0.0.Y, that's a rebuild. See below:

[attachimg=#1][/attachimg]

If you see the version number changes from 1.A.0.X to 1.B.0.Y, that's a feature update.

When you see the sponsor's program appears in the installer, just reject it or uninstall it if a mis-click occurs. Admittedly the email support for TF has been overwhelming, too much for a freeware I work with on my spare time only.

Renegade:
One thing that I find works very well is to have your monitor slightly angled -- just a few degrees (say 10 or so). It forces your eyes to change focus.

I've not had any eye strain problems since working like that.

musetips:
One thing that I find works very well is to have your monitor slightly angled -- just a few degrees (say 10 or so). It forces your eyes to change focus.

I've not had any eye strain problems since working like that.
-Renegade (May 09, 2011, 10:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

I tried and gave it up. Not that comfortable to me.   :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version