ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

[Freeware] FadeTop - a visual break reminder that fades the desktop

<< < (4/9) > >>

Stoic Joker:
One thing that I find works very well is to have your monitor slightly angled -- just a few degrees (say 10 or so). It forces your eyes to change focus.-Renegade (May 09, 2011, 10:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

You sure about that? It's been awhile since I worked in optical so I can't put number to it of the top of my head. But a 10deg tip of a typical monitor isn't going to impact the focal distance enough to matter. Nor will sitting forward and/or backward in your chair (a considerably longer distance). The problem is the intense fixed gaze that is being maintained for hours at a time. That's what needs to be broken by letting you eyes unfocus and relax for a bit now and then.

Renegade:
One thing that I find works very well is to have your monitor slightly angled -- just a few degrees (say 10 or so). It forces your eyes to change focus.-Renegade (May 09, 2011, 10:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

You sure about that? It's been awhile since I worked in optical so I can't put number to it of the top of my head. But a 10deg tip of a typical monitor isn't going to impact the focal distance enough to matter. Nor will sitting forward and/or backward in your chair (a considerably longer distance). The problem is the intense fixed gaze that is being maintained for hours at a time. That's what needs to be broken by letting you eyes unfocus and relax for a bit now and then.
-Stoic Joker (May 09, 2011, 10:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

It could be entirely coincidence. (Maybe 15 degrees -- haven't measured.)

musetips:
TimeClue can be configured via a dialog now. Just right click the app icon in system tray and choose "Options..." from the shortcut menu.

[attachimg=#1][/attachimg]

ewemoa:
Thanks for adding this  :Thmbsup:

I really appreciate being able to adjust the auto fade interval.

doctorfrog:
TimeClue can be configured via a dialog now. Just right click the app icon in system tray and choose "Options..." from the shortcut menu.
 (see attachment in previous post)

-musetips (May 10, 2011, 05:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

You've got my attention.  :D :up:

I know it ain't much, but *clink*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version