ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software recommendations for writers

<< < (13/15) > >>

40hz:
^Thx for the heads up.  :Thmbsup:

Story Light actually looks quite interesting. Gonna have to download it and make some time to check it out.  :)

oblivion:
Another interesting program I use is Notebox Disorganizer (free), "a spreadsheet for text".
-paulobrabo (May 07, 2011, 01:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

That looked weird enough that I had to take a look.

Oddly, it kills the i-conized addon for VirtuaWin (a graphical navigator for virtual desktops otherwise created and managed by the latter) stone dead.  :( Perhaps if I was doing proper writing in a distraction-free environment, though, I wouldn't want the other 7 desktops with all their lures and temptations so I wouldn't mind -- but a bug that can kill something normally so reliable might do other nasty things too.

joiwind:
Following the link in the quote in oblivion's post I ended up here : Puller.

Now that's an interesting and useful program but which, I'm sure, someone here could rebuild in another way with even more options ...  ;)

oblivion:
Now that's an interesting and useful program but which, I'm sure, someone here could rebuild in another way with even more options ...  ;)
-joiwind (June 17, 2011, 12:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
Reminds me of the way document indices used to be built in WordStar, back in the bad old days... now THERE was a program that could be a fine, visually non-distracting editor.  8)

caveatrob:
Sorry I lost track of this thread. I'll try to remember to throw up some of my macros. Mindmapping is good - I use MindManager primarily to outline/move ideas around then export to Word or something similar. I start out with common structures for types of articles and fill in the blanks if I'm really lost.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version