ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

After PSN. Who's next?

<< < (7/7)

tomos:
But LastPass was supposed to be the last password I'd need to remember.

Ever.

Says so right on their website and Twitter profile.
-Deozaan (May 06, 2011, 06:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

I followed the suggestions in the link quoted below - & changed my email password yesterday to an easy to remember phrase (three words, a little quirky so it's not too easy).

Nobody dismisses '"brute force" cracking techniques as being impractical any more. Today's multicore CPUs make it an extremely workable crack for most passwords people are able to commit to memory.
-40hz (May 05, 2011, 09:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Check this out concerning brute force cracking of passwords. Was posted just recently somewhere.
-phitsc (May 05, 2011, 10:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I was trying to change my LastPass password yesterday and couldnt - I think it was overloaded...
[edit] Still overloaded :-\ - Sorry! We are a bit overloaded right now. Try again in a few hours. [/edit]

Deozaan:
In retrospect, I do think that LastPass did the right thing. I just didn't like the method they used for verifying I was who I said I was, since I was stuck in a loop.

Luckily I had my phone with me (even though I no longer have phone service on it) and luckily it had the password to the wifi where I was, so I was able to access my e-mail on my phone and regain access to services while I was out of town.

Anyway, here's an article about how the Lastpass Disclosure Shows Why We Can't Have Nice Things.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version