ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Automatic Archiving?

<< < (2/3) > >>

skwire:
I assume the podcasts are MP3 or some other lossy (compressed) format.  If so, you do realise that you're not going to save hardly any space at all by compressing those files, right?

Hyphen:
I assume the podcasts are MP3 or some other lossy (compressed) format.  If so, you do realise that you're not going to save hardly any space at all by compressing those files, right?
-skwire (May 05, 2011, 05:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, that really wasn't the best singular example. Another though: http://screensnapr.com/v/UcBk8X.png (folder comprised entirely of scraped .txt files)

skwire:
Something that I could specify to archive files in a directory 30 days after they were last created/modified would be great.-Hyphen (May 04, 2011, 05:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Which datestamp would you like me to use?  The created or the last modified?

Deozaan:
If you're using Windows, you can set it up to compress older files automatically.

Hyphen:
Something that I could specify to archive files in a directory 30 days after they were last created/modified would be great.-Hyphen (May 04, 2011, 05:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Which datestamp would you like me to use?  The created or the last modified?
-skwire (May 08, 2011, 02:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
Being able to choose between either would be great, but if only one then I think last modified would be best. Thanks so much if you're planning to code this up!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version