ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skrommel's Software

CAPshift - Suggestions

<< < (3/5) > >>

btreloar:
Recent problem - hope I can tweak the settings to fix it.  Running on a wireless keyboard through a KVM switch, the CapsLock key doesn't trigger until I release it -- the time doesn't start on mouse down, but on mouse up.

The Scroll Lock key is still working fine -- I can see the little millisecond display and the acknowledgment of key state change happening on mouse down action.

But for Caps Lock, I don't see the little millisecond display until the mouse up action occurs, and of course the timer never advances.

FWIW, one of the computers this happens on is a laptop. When that laptop is off the docking station and I'm using its own built-in keyboard, the Caps Lock timer works just fine. The problem only happens with the new wireless keyboard.

Amy suggestions?

Thanks,
Bill

lanux128:
one possibility is that the wireless keyboard comes with its own drivers/enhancement that interferes with the ahk script. anyway can you provide more details of the keyboard?

btreloar:
Sure! It's a Microsoft Wireless Laser Keyboard 7000. The software for it lists only two options for the CapsLock key: Disable it (not selected) and show the caps lock status on the screen (enabled). I disabled the display option with no improvement in the behavior of the key.

Any thoughts?

lanux128:
okay, iirc there should be an intellipoint software/driver coming with the keyboard. there has been an instance where the intellipoint software was interfering with the ahk script here.

so to solve this, you can try placing the following line in the AHK script and check if that rectifies the problem.

--- ---#InstallKeybdHook
or you can also use a startup manager utility to start the ahk script before the intellipoint (ipoint.exe) software. something which [user]cmpm[/user] did in the related thread.

give them a try & let me know the results :)

btreloar:
Thanks, but I'm a newbie to scripting. Is it enough to add this to the ahk script? Or do I need to recompile the executable. And if I need to recompile, how do I do that?

Thanks!
Bill

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version