ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The internet in 1990 -- holy smokes!

<< < (2/6) > >>

40hz:
if the gazooba-net isn't being piped directly into my brain in 20 years from now i'll be very disappointed.
-nudone (May 03, 2011, 12:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

And I'll be...relieved. ;D

Stoic Joker:
if the gazooba-net isn't being piped directly into my brain in 20 years from now i'll be very disappointed.
-nudone (May 03, 2011, 12:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

And I'll be...relieved. ;D

-40hz (May 03, 2011, 02:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

You worried you'll click on the wrong thing and end up with a dirty mind?

superboyac:
Some of that stuff seemed pretty neat at the time.   Wonder where we'll be twenty years from now.  ;D
-mrainey (May 03, 2011, 10:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Most likely in a tightly regulated, moderately taxed, and heavily monitored info-place largely dominated by commercial interests, government-sponsored propaganda, religious ranting, and political agendas.

Oh yeah... and with better and faster graphics and media.

Does anyone really expect it to be any different?  I mean honestly now. ;D
-40hz (May 03, 2011, 12:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
Soooooooo depressing.  A rapidly diminishing middle class.  The standard of living in the city will decrease significantly.  Fewer "american dream" opportunities.  Much less freedom of speech from a social pressure standpoint.  The quality of education will be bloated and poor in general, and financially much more prohibitive than Americans are used to.  Just wait until the double-dip recession hits.  Wait until that bailout money starts diffusing into the system at large.  That's going to be scary.  Very depressing stuff.

cyberdiva:
1990?  Where did all those graphics come from?  My screen was text only for several more years.

mrainey:
Just wait until the double-dip recession hits.  Wait until that bailout money starts diffusing into the system at large.  That's going to be scary.  Very depressing stuff.
--- End quote ---

And, your degree is in ...... ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version