ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

amount of RAM in a netbook

<< < (2/4) > >>

techidave:
would the win 7 starter OS be ok for a novice user?

Deozaan:
I had Windows 7 Ultimate on my netbook since shortly after it came out until just a couple months ago. It ran but it was generally sluggish.

mouser:
i was looking at netbooks recently and one reason that windows 7 starter seems very appealing for a netbook is that one of the things it does not have is the aero glass effects, which is good because for a netbook it's not worth taking the speed hit that comes with that.  so i think windows 7 starter is a good match for a netbook for a novice.

Stoic Joker:
so i think windows 7 starter is a good match for a netbook for a novice.-mouser (May 02, 2011, 06:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think it's a good match for a netbook period. They're not for heavy multitasking, they're for the quick on-the-fly in and out kind of thing. Like a web enabled cell phone with a bigger screen.

f0dder:
i was looking at netbooks recently and one reason that windows 7 starter seems very appealing for a netbook is that one of the things it does not have is the aero glass effects, which is good because for a netbook it's not worth taking the speed hit that comes with that.  so i think windows 7 starter is a good match for a netbook for a novice.-mouser (May 02, 2011, 06:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
Aero could very well be a performance benefit - but it does require the GPU to not suck majorly, and have discrete video memory. Dunno if you can find a netbook that fulfills those requirements, but if you do Aero should run faster and result in less system memory being gobbled up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version