ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Congratz to the US Military Forces!

<< < (9/23) > >>

Stoic Joker:
(BTW- I abhor the term collateral damage.  It's a euphemism used to cover up the fact that this damage takes its toll in lives.  If you're going to do the act, at least look it in the eye when you do so.)
-wraith808 (May 02, 2011, 10:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed! Enough with the Politically "Correct" attempts at watering down anything that might be perceived as difficult. Stand up and face what it really is in truth ... Or don't do it at all. We as a species would do well to get back to straighter talk and thicker hides. Then much of the foolishness would end.

wraith808:
I see it as boiling down to killing is killing.

The only question then is, are you willing to commit "evil"?
-Renegade (May 02, 2011, 11:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed that killing is killing.  Not so clearcut on whether killing in all cases is "evil"- at least IMO.

mouser:
We as a species would do well to get back to straighter talk..
--- End quote ---
Agreed.

It's hard enough to balance the ethics of all this without having to wade through the miles of bullshit that gets fed to us.

You don't have to watch too many documentaries about Pat Tillman and Jessica Lynch to know not to take at face value when you are told that some women and children were shot because they were being used as human shields, or to know that Bin Laden was not going to be captured alive, or to know that the military didn't bury Bin Laden at sea in order to "respect his religion".

That's not to say at all that killing him wasn't the right thing to do -- on balance my personal opinion was that it was.  It's just that i'd be a lot more at peace with it if we also stopped lying to ourselves, stopped torturing people (while pretending we don't), and stopped pretending that america was attacked because "they hate our freedoms".

I just think this world would be a much better place if we didn't willingly drown ourselves in so much propaganda and false history.

nudone:
heheh, "they hate our freedoms"; i've not heard that one before.

Renegade:
heheh, "they hate our freedoms"; i've not heard that one before.
-nudone (May 02, 2011, 12:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

It seems to me that in a lot of cases, it just boils down to "they hate..." :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version