topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 5:18 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Quick Cliq  (Read 5944 times)

Apathetic_Coding

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Apathy Softworks
    • Donate to Member
Quick Cliq
« on: November 17, 2010, 10:17 PM »
Hello again everyone. It has been a while since I have posted on the board but it is because I have been working on my new application that I would like to share with you.

About a year ago Mouser invited me to post about my application JumpTo - https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=21352.0
About 4 months ago I started working on the new version, a complete rewrite from the ground up, with a co-developer. The end result was something far above the old application with many new features.

Just like JumpTo, Quick Cliq is a menu based launcher that can be shown anywhere by the use of customizable hotkeys or mouse gestures. The launcher side of the app holds an unlimited number of menu items and sub menus all filled with menu items that point to your favorite folders, files, urls, and command line commands. It is also possible to add more than one shortcut to an item allowing you to launch many things at once. Quick Cliq also offers a Folder Menu shortcut option that will allow you to navigate a directory and its sub directories through a menu allowing faster navigation without opening any explorer windows. All sub menus can also be saved as a file that will run upon execution without having to run Quick Cliq at all.

Among some of the other features included is our Clips menu. The clips menu effectively creates 9 additional clipboards modeled after the standard windows clipboard but with new functionality. The clips will hold anything that the standard clipboard will including binary and application specific data. You can also view, edit, save to a file, and append to a clip making it a very useful list making tool.

Quick Cliq also offers memos that can be sent to the clipboard for pasting or sent directly to the active window; in example an email signature. The windows menu allows you to hide and show an unlimited amount of windows or set a window to be "Always On Top".

The website has a lot more information and details of the features.
http://apathysoftworks.com/software/qc

We also have 2 video overviews of the application:
Main Menu
Extra Functions

A review of Quick Cliq can be found on FreeWareGenius.com here

The application is in active development so suggestions and feed back are not only welcomed but helpful to its future development.

-John-Paul
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 07:04 AM by Apathetic_Coding »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Quick Cliq
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 03:06 AM »
Congratulations, Honory Member, John-Paul  :up:

Testing now.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 08:08 AM by Curt »

Apathetic_Coding

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Apathy Softworks
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 12:12 PM »
Great! I hope you like it.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 12:15 PM »
Looks really well done.  Kudos.   :D

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 03:42 PM »
Really, really, really like the way you implemented the clips menu.  :-* It's one of the most logical and intuitive multi-clip features I've ever seen. Makes even more sense than the usual tab arrangements found elsewhere.

Brilliant!

Apathetic_Coding

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Apathy Softworks
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 06:03 PM »
Thanks 40hz! We are glad you like it! ;D

kikon

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 03:49 PM »
the most ergonomic launcher ... thank you  :-*
can you add the new shortcut type - hotkey, for example to bring to front some running program from system tray