ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 10

<< < (29/31) > >>

Josh:
I just have to say that I have been dealing with Greg Perry over email for support over connectivity to SFTP servers. He has been extremely responsive and I think it is hard to find this level of personalized support.

I am still evaluating to ensure there isn't something that I might not be able to work with, but this product is really nice.

evamaria:
Could anybody confirm if this commander is able to let you sort your entries manually
a) in normal listers (physical folders)
b) in file collections?
By manual sorting, I mean manual arrangement of entries, by mouse and/or by alt-up/down-arrow or such.

Is this possible?
If not, there would always be sorting by some metadata, I suppose? Is that possible, at least? But of course, it would be one step too much, which I would like to avoid. (xplorer2 does this, but neither a nor b.)

tomos:
^NAFAIK

I know XYplorer does (a) - not sure about (b).

I dont think Dopus does (a) or (b) -
just searched the help file and didnt find anything in that direction.

evamaria:
Thank you for this hint, but I don't see how I could do it in XYplorer. I do "View" - "Views" - "List", then "View" - "Auto Refresh" (deselect), then I try with the mouse, to rearrange files within the same folder / list, but I cannot move them this way, within the list.

tomos:
^it's a little more complicated -

XYplorer file manager has this feature -
Menu >Tools >Customise List >Manual Sorting
then
drag n drop to sort.

I havent used it in a while - it doesn't seem to work with large thumbnails, but does work with the details-with-[small]-thumbnail view.
-tomos (November 30, 2012, 07:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Will work with thumbnails if:

By default, if you left click on a thumbnail, it will display at full size. This makes it difficult to drag! Go to:
menu >Tools >Configuration >Thumbnails >Turn off: popup image on mouse down (bottom of window).
Then try it as instructed above and it works fine.
-tomos (November 30, 2012, 08:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

I havent used it much myself -
I presume it's only set for current tab - and not sure if it sticks e.g. if you navigate away from folder

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version