ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 10

<< < (10/31) > >>

michaelkenward:
Pity the extra money doesn't reach GP Software.
-michaelkenward (May 03, 2011, 04:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Where does it go?
-mwb1100 (May 03, 2011, 06:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
Probably into the pockets of a wunch of bankers.

It is down to the change in exchange rates.

GP Software just charged me AUS$71 for a pair of licences. That comes in at around £41. (Still good value for three PCs.)

Back when I bought my licence, that would probably have been nearer £30.

40hz:
I personally find this "limited time" thing offensive - instead of making me want to buy it before the time runs out it makes me want to move to another file manager.-tomos (May 01, 2011, 12:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ever been to a supermarket? Or do your servants do that for you?

It may well be that owners of older versions will continue to get some lesser discount.

The choice is yours.

The real tragedy is that Australia was not in thrall to bankers, and has an economy that did not implode because Americans took out loans to buy houses that they could never afford to repay. So the Australia exhange rate is in the stratosphere, an Upus costs us foreigners more.

Then again, the rest of the planet has had to put up with rapacious American software houses that charge everyone else much more for software than they ask of locals. Nice to see this biting back the other way for a change. Pity the extra money doesn't reach GP Software.

-michaelkenward (May 03, 2011, 04:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

@michaelkenward - Charming!  :)

Welcome to DonationCoder. Out of curiosity, are you the same Michael Kenward as the Michael Kenward OBE found here and here?

tomos:
I just discovered that my folder aliases all now resolve to C:\Documents and Settings\[path]
Thus, for example, if I enter Art as a lister path, and Art is aliased as G:\Art
DOpus 10 thinks that it means
C:\Documents and Settings\Godfrey\Art
not G:\Art

These were working fine in DOpus 9  :(

Could someone be kind enough to check that out before I contact GP Software?
-cranioscopical (May 04, 2011, 02:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

I havent used aliases, but just made one - if I enter is as a lister path it tries to go to:
C:\Program Files\Directory Opus[\alias name here]

cthorpe:
I just discovered that my folder aliases all now resolve to C:\Documents and Settings\[path]
Thus, for example, if I enter Art as a lister path, and Art is aliased as G:\Art
DOpus 10 thinks that it means
C:\Documents and Settings\Godfrey\Art
not G:\Art
-cranioscopical (May 04, 2011, 02:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

I never use aliases, but I tested the following, and it works if I type /umusic into the location bar.  Note the forward slash instead of a backslash

Aliases
umusic   M:\Media\Unsorted Music

tomos:
^ that's the trick :up:

Well, I took the plunge as well.

I bought it from the german site HAAGE&PARTNER (site & shop - both in english) with the added bonus of getting free SFTP & USB **
BE WARNED, my initial install was german, but then I used the german language shop. I dont know if the install from the english language shop is in english - but i suspect not. You then have to find the option to change language to English.

** I got these 'free' with the upgrade (but they dont know how long this will be the case), for a couple of euros more than the gpsoft price (i paid €40 - there's 19% vat also included in that price - I dont know if that's charged for all countries).
NOTE free SFTB & USB is only advertised for when buying 10 new - I asked about it for the upgrade, they said it's currently the case but they dont know for how long.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version