ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 10

<< < (8/31) > >>

michaelkenward:
I personally find this "limited time" thing offensive - instead of making me want to buy it before the time runs out it makes me want to move to another file manager.-tomos (May 01, 2011, 12:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ever been to a supermarket? Or do your servants do that for you?

It may well be that owners of older versions will continue to get some lesser discount.

The choice is yours.

The real tragedy is that Australia was not in thrall to bankers, and has an economy that did not implode because Americans took out loans to buy houses that they could never afford to repay. So the Australia exhange rate is in the stratosphere, an Upus costs us foreigners more.

Then again, the rest of the planet has had to put up with rapacious American software houses that charge everyone else much more for software than they ask of locals. Nice to see this biting back the other way for a change. Pity the extra money doesn't reach GP Software.

tomos:
I personally find this "limited time" thing offensive - instead of making me want to buy it before the time runs out it makes me want to move to another file manager.-tomos (May 01, 2011, 12:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ever been to a supermarket? Or do your servants do that for you?
-michaelkenward (May 03, 2011, 04:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

no, I'm poor actually (honestly!)

[edit] silly thing to say really. Compared with really poor, I just have to pick and choose what I buy. as for the quote... :p [/edit]

tomos:
I do like the "old-fashioned" way where you pay a set upgrade price from the previous version. So your upgrade price is valid till another new full-version is released.

But the times they are a changing - at least they're not charging per year.

michaelkenward:
But the times they are a changing - at least they're not charging per year.
-tomos (May 03, 2011, 04:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
Mailwasher tried that and the sky fell in.

Reinstated a lifetime price.

But that was for an update that was mostly cosmetic.

mwb1100:
Pity the extra money doesn't reach GP Software.
-michaelkenward (May 03, 2011, 04:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Where does it go?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version