ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 10

<< < (3/31) > >>

tomos:
Anyone know are they going to do that again this time around, where the 40% upgrade price is only for a limited time?

I cant remember the exact details with version 9. They did announce per email at the time, that the upgrade price was for a limited time only (a few months?) - after which a new and more expensive upgrade price went into effect...

cthorpe:
Ugh.  Why now?  Gotta spend some time deciding what's new and if any of it is really worth the upgrade cost.

*sigh*

C

Curt:
Anyone know are they going to do that again this time around, where the 40% upgrade price is only for a limited time?-tomos (April 30, 2011, 05:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
For a limited time, ...
--- End quote ---
-Curt (April 30, 2011, 04:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Dirhael:
Anyone know are they going to do that again this time around, where the 40% upgrade price is only for a limited time?-tomos (April 30, 2011, 05:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
For a limited time, ...
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
-Curt (May 01, 2011, 01:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

When I purchased my upgrade from v9 to 10 yesterday, the website told me that my discount code was valid until may 15th.

It was well worth the price, even though I haven't had the time to dive deep into the new features. Still, here are some things I immediately noticed:
* The built-in archive support is a vast improvement over the old one. Now you can compress to 7z, zip, rar, tar, tgz & tbz2, and you can open the following formats as folders: 7z, arj, bzip2, cab, cpio, deb, dmg, gzip, hfs, iso, lzh, lzma, rar, rpm, tar, win, xar, z & zipx.
* Improved copy/move dialogues, with "unattended mode." Does wonders for my productivity when dealing with large batches of files.
* Native virtual folders (my computer etc.)
* Win7 library support.
* "Cleaner" and prettier compared to the previous version. The redesigned settings dialogue is much improved.
* Finally adds the possibility of showing the ".." item in file lists (like TC etc. does it). This makes keyboard navigation quite a bit faster for me.
* Integrates with Windows Search. I don't use it a whole lot, but now that it's supported that may change.

I'm sure I'll discover more in the days and weeks to come :)

tomos:
--- End quote ---
For a limited time, ...
--- End quote ---
--- End quote ---
-Curt (May 01, 2011, 01:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

I personally find this "limited time" thing offensive - instead of making me want to buy it before the time runs out it makes me want to move to another file manager.
Dont get me wrong, I love Dopus, and I respect that they make it an expensive product - in general it lives up to it's price.
But this limited time thing is like a slap in the face, first they make it very expensive which, as I say, is absolutely fair enough. But to put the pressure on and say:- if you dont get it now, it's going to be even more expensive - that's too much for me.

I'll see have they implemented anything I want or need...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version