ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 10

<< < (28/31) > >>

tomos:
Josh -
you know there's a 25% DoCo discount? -
verified as of Jan 2013

Josh:
tomos, I might have to jump on that one but I am going to hold out "Just in case" it shows up with the 40% advertised on BdJ. I will give it the 60 day eval period to see if one pops up.

Directory Opus appears to have the featureset I require, other suites fall short on one key feature or another. Directory Opus also feels the most polished and well thought out. That said, I really have to find a way to justify spending this amount of money on a file manager. We'll see. Here's hoping.

Thanks for the heads up!

Shades:
[Fanboy alert]
Since my Amiga days DOpus has been part of my computing routines. Working on a computer without DOpus I honestly feel like having to tie shoelaces with one hand tied on my back.

You can even make your own routines (for example: renaming of files into a format you like) and associate that routine with a button or menu item in the DOpus screen. I have a few of these routines made and a lot of work is now done by clicking on one button.

That is the feature I appreciate the most in DOpus.
[/fanboy alert]

Josh:
The renaming capability is one of the MAJOR features that has turned me on to the tool!

J-Mac:
Josh,

I worried a bit about the high price of DOpus when I purchased it, but it seemed tro have all I wanted and more.

That was in early 2007, for V.9. Five years later was the first time I was charged for an upgrade, though the program was actually updated quite a bit - including making it Windows 7 compatible - with no associated costs.

It's a deal IMO.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version