ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The great toilet paper debate

<< < (6/8) > >>

Deozaan:
I like the 3-ply stuff.

I once found some nice aloe vera 3-ply stuff that was like wiping your butt with a silky cloud. Super soft and very nice. I've not been able to find it since though... :(-Renegade (April 29, 2011, 10:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you happen to live in/near an area with a Costcow (probably US only) I have to say I like their brand of TP. Though for some reason all Costco brand stuff actually goes by the name of Kirklandw. It's not the best/softest TP you'll ever find, but it's good enough for me.

mrainey:
that was like wiping your butt with a silky cloud
--- End quote ---

Pure poetry.   ;D

app103:
While I myself prefer the over method, I see #2 (for under) as an extremely compelling practical reason for the under method but only if you have a frequent problem with children or pets or earthquakes unraveling your toilet paper.
-Deozaan (April 29, 2011, 07:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

It was a problem with a child that initially converted me to the over method...

In the middle of the night, when my daughter was half asleep and cranky, having it set so it came out from under wasn't a good idea. When she was very young, she had a habit of smacking the roll to get the free end loose. If it was set over, this was easy. But when it was under, no matter how many times she smacked it, the roll would just spin and the free end wouldn't come loose. At about the 4th or 5th smack she would begin to get frustrated and tears soon followed. Not wanting this to keep happening every night, I started putting it so it was over instead of under. No more half asleep, frustrated crying child in the middle of the night.  ;)

KynloStephen66515:
As for the unraveling argument, I think there's a little bit of an irrational fear there.  People who prefer under look at the over orientation and think "Man, that looks unstable!  It's going to unravel!  Oh no!!"  But it's really not anywhere near that bad.  I just think, practically speaking, over wins every time.
--- End quote ---

I have cats.  Over loses sometimes.

-mrainey (April 29, 2011, 08:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have a puppy that like to get up to all sorts of trouble...hence why i prefer the under method  :Thmbsup:

Also...It looks much tidier  8)

On the topic of brands, I prefer Andrex (Dunno if its called the same outside the UK) - The Shea Butter one is so soooooft! - The Aloe Vera stuff is also good, but not my prefered lol, they also have chocolate, but I saw it and thought "eww"

Renegade:
I like the 3-ply stuff.

I once found some nice aloe vera 3-ply stuff that was like wiping your butt with a silky cloud. Super soft and very nice. I've not been able to find it since though... :(-Renegade (April 29, 2011, 10:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you happen to live in/near an area with a Costcow (probably US only) I have to say I like their brand of TP. Though for some reason all Costco brand stuff actually goes by the name of Kirklandw.
-Deozaan (April 30, 2011, 04:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm in a like/hate thing with Costco lately.

The quality of many of the products they carry has been slipping badly, and the quality of their fresh food/produce has tanked completely. If it has no expiry date, then it's likely ok. Expiry date? Forget it. I'm guessing that they're buying up cheap stuff that's almost expired at cheap prices and stocking that -- had a few problems there.

But they don't carry the kind of TP I like here (Melbourne). I'm pretty sure that I used to get it at the Costco in Yangjae, Seoul. (Their produce was usually good, except for the onions which always sprouted too quickly.) Come to think of it, I think it was a Korean brand... Not too sure... Aloe vera 3-ply. Lovely stuff to wipe the old tush with. The only thing better would be <insert the name of someone you hate, like a politician, here />'s tongue. :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version